Scientific conference at the University of Dunaúváros (Hungary)
From November 9th to 11th this year our partner university in Dunaújváros (Hungary) organized another edition of The Week of Science. A special highlight was the interdisciplinary scientific conference under the motto "Challenges to the Science in the 21st Century". Subject of the conference contributions were related to the following fields:
• "Sustainability and digitalization"
• "Pedagogical challenges"
• "Future-shaping science – challenges to social sciences"
Because of the Sars COV-2 pandemic, this year's event was different from all the others before, namely completely online. This formula had the positive side effect that many scientists and academics from countries such as Brazil, China, Russia, Romania, Slovenia, Portugal and Turkey were able to participate without traveling many kilometers. We would like to mention that Rector Dr. Janusz Poła, prof. PWSZ together with the rector of Dunaújváros University dr hab. István András opened this international event in digital form. Both Rectors sent greetings and best wishes to the participants and organizers.
The conference was enriched by contributions from representatives of the Jan Amos Komeński University of Applied Sciences in Leszno:
• Anna Maćkowiak PhD (Department of Education): "From fascination for new technologies to media addiction. Analysis of the phenomenon in relation to different age groups"
• Roman Martynów (Department of Applied Linguistics): "Log in and log out. Facing digital reality in education"
• Mikołaj Zgaiński (Department of Science and International Cooperation / Department of Engineering) "Sports in Poland in times of COVID-19"
Many thanks to our Hungarian partners for the invitation and successful cooperation. We deeply believe that a face-to-face event and personal meetings will again be possible next year. The joint organization of the Week of Science is a cornerstone of the cooperation between the universities in Dunaújváros and Leszno and also testifies to the close partnership between the two cities.