Vice-Rector for Science and International Cooperation, Prof. Maciej Pietrzak, PhD
- geographer, landscape ecologist, academic; born on 28 July 1954 in the family of popular teachers of Luboń,
- 2012 - Earth Sciences Professor;
- 1999 – Post - doctoral degree in Earth Sciences within the scope of Physical Geography, Department of Geography and Regional Studies of the University of Warsaw;
MA and PhD in geographical sciences in the scope of physical geography (1986) supervised by Professor Tadeusz Bartkowski;
- 1978 – military service at Reserve Officers School in Koszalin and Leszno;
- 1973 – 1977 Geography at Department of Biology and Earth Sciences at Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań;
- 1973 – secondary school final examination [Matura] at No.5 High School in Poznań
- assistant – trainee, assistant and senior assistant at the Institute of Environmental Basics of Tourism and Recreation at the Department of Tourism and Recreation at University School of Physical Education in Poznań; 1986 – 2000, following the Institute rearrangement – a lecturer at the Department of Tourist Geography at the Tourism and Recreation Department of the University School of Physical Education in Poznań;
- 1989 - 1994 the Department of Plants Ecology and Environmental Protection specialist at Adam Mickiewicz University;
- Teaching and didactics – classes and lectures on tourist geography, tourism development and landscape ecology; bachelor and master’s degree pro-seminars and seminars. 1992-1994 and 1996-1998 – lectures on landscape ecology for environmental biology students as well as on biological basics of environment protection and shaping directed to post – graduate students at the Department of Biology of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań. From 1993 - 2002 lectures on environmental protection and landscape architecture at the Department of Land Improvement and Environment Engineering of the Agricultural University of Poznań. In 2005 – classes on Designing Recreation and Sporting Space at postgraduate studies “Designing Landscape Structures” at Fine Arts Academy in Poznań; lectures at the Pavel Tychyna State Pedagogical University in Uman (Ukraine) and Shakarim State University of Semey (Kazakhstan)
- in 1991, 1992 and 1994 – participation in a landscape ecology program and a several months` academic placement supervised by Professor K.- F. Schreiber at the Institute of Westfalen Landscape at Wilhelm University in Münster (Germany) as a scholarship holder of the TEMPUS and DAAD programs.
- journeys and stays for academic and tourist purposes within the following areas and countries: the Caucasus and the Balkans (Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Macedonia, Bulgaria), Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Russia, Ukraine, Hungary, Benelux as well as China, Macau, Hong Kong, Australia, Tasmania and New Zealand.
- supervisor of approximately 250 master and bachelor degree theses as well as two doctoral ones, reviewer of doctoral and post – doctoral degrees, reviewer of research grants.
- author and co-author of about 120 publications including “The problems and methods of the geocomplex structure study (as exemplified by the Biskupice modeling surface)”,Wyd. Nauk UAM, Poznań, 1989, 125 s.; „Landscape synthesis – assumptions, issues, applications”, Wyd. Nauk. Bogucki, Poznań, 1998, 168 s.; „Landscape boundaries – theoretical basics and practical meanings”(red.), a series: „The problems of landscape ecology”, t. VII, Poznań, 2000, 269 s.; „Basics and applications of landscape ecology – theory and methodology”, Wyd. Nauk. PWSZ, Leszno, 2010, 161 s. among others.
- co-founder, member, vice-chairman (1993 – 2007), chairman (2007- 2013) and member of the Board of the Polish Association for Landscape Ecology (PAEK), member of the International Association for Landscape Ecology (IALE), member of the Program Council of “The Problems of Landscape Ecology”; member of Science Board of the Physical Geography Institute at the Department of Geography and Region Studies of the Warsaw University; member of Poznań and Leszno Society of Friends of Learning; chairman of Wielkopolska Public Higher Vocational Schools; member of Officers of the Conference of Public Higher Vocational Schools Rectors; honourable member of the Exulant Association.
- hobby: scientific work, organizational activities aiming at the development of higher schools of vocational education, traveling, automobile tourism, contact with nature, rock music, contemporary design, the poetry of Cyprian Kamil Norwid, landscape photography, walking his pointer, Gigol.
- husband of Elżbieta, father of Bartłomiej, grandfather of Franciszek and Ryszard